I was told on My Facebook that I am a “heretic” for encouraging people to “stay saved.” He said that he is “not afraid” to tell me the truth….
I said: You are right. It is heresy to encourage people to stay saved. Did you know that the Apostle Paul was in on this heresy too? I hope somebody rebuked him as a heretic for it!
Look at all these heretical exhortations for people to stay saved!
* Paul “exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord” (Acts 11:23).
* Paul also “persuaded them to continue in the grace of God” (Acts 13:43). I
* “Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22).
* Paul said, “And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven…(Col. 1:21-23)
* “Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: for if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and the severity of God: on them which feel, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off” (Rom. 11:20-21).
Since you are so bold and are unafraid, would you dare call the Apostle Paul a heretic??
Even Jesus taught that you could forfeit your salvation by what you do or fail to do. Jesus told a whole parable about a man who lost his salvation (Matt. 18:23-35).
For those who make OSAS the gospel itself, Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul must be heretics!