This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
ATTACKS & ASSAULTS in ALASKA
A brother in Alaska recently used his air-miles from his business to bring my family and I up to Alaska. I once said on my Facebook that all it takes to bring me to your area is a plane ticket and couch to sleep on and he is one who took me up on it!
Alaska has proven itself to be a difficult mission field. We were plowing the field but sometimes it felt like the field was plowing us! Read below about the multiple assaults and attacks that took place.
The downtown Anchorage area is full of drugs and alcohol. There is a considerable homeless population in Alaska despite the freezing temperatures. There is one large park downtown called “Town Square Park” where a lot of the drug dealers and drug addicts hang out. Last year when I preached in the center of this park I was assaulted numerous times but held my own and preached the gospel anyways. This year I was hoping it might be tamer and it was. But we were still assaulted. Just not as much as last year.
Another brother named David Grisham recently moved to Alaska and he joined me for outreach. I stood up and preached on the soap box for about thirty minutes before I turned it over to brother David. He preached the gospel for maybe five minutes before a lesbian walked by and started heckling him. She was vicious and said she wanted to see violence.
I was filming but a homeless woman came up to me and said it was my fault that now this woman was heckling and causing a scene and she slapped me on the back of the head. Other people saw it so she said, “HE DESERVED THAT!”
Shortly after this a man walked up to David on the soap box and kicked him, somehow, in the chest! David was knocked off but what the attacker didn’t notice was that another man followed him from behind. When this other man saw David get attacked he ran up and punched the attacker in the back of the head and knocked him to the ground. Then he got on top of the attacker and started punched him repeatedly.
It wasn’t too long before everything settled down again and then David got back on the soap box without skipping a beat and kept preaching the gospel for another hour or so. The Police did arrive an hour later but both men who were involved were gone by then.
It is sad to see how men readily embrace sin which brings such destruction to their life and yet they resist so aggressively the gospel that can save their souls! Standing in that park surrounded by drug addicts and drunkards I was amazed at how sinners refuse to repent and continue in their rebellion against the moral government of God because they do not want Him ruling their lives but the result is that they are ruining their own lives.
Ever wonder what a man’s face looks like before he attacks you with a rod? No? Me neither. But I got to see it above.
There is another park in downtown Anchorage that we went to preach to another day. While the other park is full of the drug dealers and drug attacks (especially the inner city skate boarders), this park was full of older homeless drunk people (especially natives).
As I always do I preached on the new birth – how God can change and transform. “Jesus Christ can take a drunkard and make him sober! Jesus Christ can take sinners and make them saints!”
When I preached “One day you are all going to die and then you will stand before God and give an account for all of your life” one homeless drunkard in particular became very irritated and upset. He yelled, “SHUT UP!” I said, “No, I care about your soul!” He started walking over with his wooded cane, acting as though he intended to use it as a weapon. He said something to me like, “Do you know what it feels like to get hit with one of these?”
I continued to tell him that I was there preaching the way I am because I care about him. Nevertheless he swung his cane back and then swung it forward, landing it right on my calfs on the back of the legs. It stung and I was glad that he only swung it once. I was also glad that he hit me on the back of the legs and not on the front! It would have really hurt if he had hit my shins instead of my calfs. My leg was tender but not bruised.
I have been preaching open-air for 14 years but this was my first time getting a little beating with a rod. I thought, “Well, it’s biblical to be hit with a rod. Paul was.” Jesus said we are to rejoice and be exceedingly glad when we are persecuted. Paul said that we are to glory in our tribulations. The Apostles rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer for the name of Jesus. This was my attitude. And when Christians have such an attitude towards persecution, Christianity is unstoppable!
Brother David said, “Well, our attack ratio in this park is better than the other one. It’s 50 percent less than the other day.” I said, “Ha, that’s true. We were both assaulted the other day but only I was assaulted today.”
As our nation continues to turn its back on God and harden itself in its sin and impenitence, the persecution against Christians and against street preachers in particular will continue to increase. But no matter how much we suffer for the sake of the gospel it is worth it all because Christ is worthy and souls are valuable. Christ laid down His life for the sake of the salvation of souls and we should be willing to do the same!
Someone commented on my YouTube video of one of our assaults in Alaska and said:
PRAISE GOD! That is what it is all about! Everything that we endure for the sake of the gospel, for the glory of Christ and the salvation of souls is worth it all.
These are some of our latest YouTube videos for your enjoyment and edification:
SUPPORT THE MISSION &
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 387,729 hits
Send Missionary Support
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
How to Open Air Preach!
FREE FINNEY BOOK
Open Air Outreach Newsletter Archive
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
- Sin Violates Human Nature – It is NOT Human Nature to Sin | Jesse Morrell | Refuting the Gnostic Heresy of a “Sinful Nature”
- The 2020 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth
- A Thank You to our Supporters from the Morrell Family!
- Explaining 1 Corinthians 2:14 – “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
- Looking for a 2019 Tax Break? Check out this Great Ministry Report!
- Hawaii: Paradise on its way to Hell
- Why Wasn’t Cain’s Sacrifice Accepted?
- The Schedule for the Revival Theology Conference!
- “The Secret of Success in the Ministry of Charles G. Finney” by Gordon C. Olson
- What was Human Nature Designed For? Jesse Morrell Explains
- Why doesn’t God Stop Evil if He is all Powerful and All Good? Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell
- Announcing the 2019 Revival Theology Conference! Lindale TX!
- Pornography Causes Brain Damage | Neuroscience Report
- Look What Marijuana Actually Does to the Brain! Alaska Outreach Report
- How to Respond to Police Who Say Street Preaching is Disturbing the Peace
- Why Calvinism is Gnosticism | Jesse Morrell
- Can God Change? Jesse Morrell
- Why Calvinists are NOT Elect | Jesse Morrell
- Anthropomorphism in the Bible – A Calvinist Cop-out by Jesse Morrell
- Penal Substitution – An Essential Doctrine? Jesse Morrell
- The Foolishness of R. C. Sproul’s “Rogue Molecule” | Making God less than a Man
- Jesus was an Open Theist by Jesse Morrell
- Rebuking Heretic Pastor of Gnostic Cult Emilio Ramos | Reformed Calvinist Exposed | Jesse Morrell Refutes Heresy
- Jesse Morrell Blocked on Facebook for Love-Speech they called Hate Speech
- Location & Schedule for The 2019 National Street Preachers Conference
- How Water & Fasting Healed my Chronic Fatigue
- Did NASA Really Recreate the “Origins of Life”? A Scientific Critique from a Christian
- Neuroscience: What Porn Does to the Brain | Rapists & Serial Killers | Brain Damage from Pornography
- A Critique of Penal Substitution: Did Jesus Suffer Eternal Hell on the Cross?
- The Psychology of Soul Winning By Jesse Morrell
- Is the Atonement of Christ Justice? How the Atonement of Christ Satisfied Public Justice, not Retributive Justice by Jesse Morrell
- Ticketed by Police in Canada for Street Preaching!
- Booklet: The Vicarious Atonement of Christ by Jesse Morrell
- The False Gospel of Easy Believism | Jesse Morrell Refutes Antinomianism
- How to Convict Sinners & Convert them to Christ! Free Street Preacher Training!
- Was Wine in the Bible Alcoholic? Fermented? Grape Juice? Bible Study
- How to Weaken Temptation & Live Holy for Jesus!
- Free Online School of Evangelism!
- Church History Documentary| The Free Will Debate | Augustine vs. Pelagius | Gnostics vs Early Church
- The Story of a Street Preacher | Open Air Preaching Documentary Movie Films
- I know the Cure for Cancer! And it’s FREE!
- Question: Why did God Create the Devil?
- A Quick Refutation to Dr James White (Theologian) by Jesse Morrell (Street Preacher) with the Greek New Testament.
- FREE Library of Christian Books!
- How Did Adam & Eve Sin Without A Sinful Nature? Free Will
- Response to the Critics: Does Street Preaching Really Work? Where is the Fruit? Where are the Salvations?
- A News Helicopter Covered the National Street Preachers Conference!
- Princeton University vs. Street Preacher| Police Showed Up | Jesse Morrell
- Help Make A Difference by Giving $7 A Month | Missionary Support
- 3 Free Christian Theology Books by Jesse Morrell | FREE CHRISTIAN EBOOKS
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011