I wrote this on my facebook:
The gospel is NOT:
“Jesus paid for all your sins, past, present, and future, so all you have to do is believe, trusting in His finished work on the cross and imputed righteousness and all your sins, past, present, and future are forgiven no matter what you do.”
Problems with the Modern Gospel:
* There is no repentance in that message.
* There is no actual forgiveness in the idea of penal substitution and justification by imputed righteousness.
* If Jesus paid for your sins in the sense of making salvation unconditional, why is belief or faith a necessary condition of forgiveness?
* The Bible warns about falling away, departing from the faith, etc.
* If a believer sins, he needs to repent or perish.
* Paul said our faith is imputed as righteousness, not Christ’s obedience to the Torah.
* Jesus died for everyone but not everyone is saved.
* True faith is not a mere mental belief but a trust in God that results in actual obedience and righteous living.
I can go on and on with what is wrong with the soft, compromised, watered-down, phony, fake, fraudulent gospel message of modern America.
Everyone who signs up for the Open Air Outreach Email Newsletter will receive a FREE CHRISTIAN E-BOOK! It is my latest book, “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.” It is my hope and prayer that this book will be a spiritual blessing to your walk with God. Our newsletters also contains encouraging salvation testimonies, articles, videos, etc.
To sign up to receive your free e-book all you have to do is fill out this form: