- 390,767 hits
Send Missionary Support
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
How to Open Air Preach!
FREE FINNEY BOOK
Open Air Outreach Newsletter Archive
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
Subscribe To Our Newsletters
- Bible Study: Can You Forfeit Your Salvation? Penitentiary Hollow
- Sin Violates Human Nature – It is NOT Human Nature to Sin | Jesse Morrell | Refuting the Gnostic Heresy of a “Sinful Nature”
- The 2020 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth
- A Thank You to our Supporters from the Morrell Family!
- Explaining 1 Corinthians 2:14 – “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
- Looking for a 2019 Tax Break? Check out this Great Ministry Report!
- Hawaii: Paradise on its way to Hell
- Why Wasn’t Cain’s Sacrifice Accepted?
- The Schedule for the Revival Theology Conference!
- “The Secret of Success in the Ministry of Charles G. Finney” by Gordon C. Olson
- What was Human Nature Designed For? Jesse Morrell Explains
- Why doesn’t God Stop Evil if He is all Powerful and All Good? Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell
- Announcing the 2019 Revival Theology Conference! Lindale TX!
- Pornography Causes Brain Damage | Neuroscience Report
- Look What Marijuana Actually Does to the Brain! Alaska Outreach Report
- How to Respond to Police Who Say Street Preaching is Disturbing the Peace
- Why Calvinism is Gnosticism | Jesse Morrell
- Can God Change? Jesse Morrell
- Why Calvinists are NOT Elect | Jesse Morrell
- Anthropomorphism in the Bible – A Calvinist Cop-out by Jesse Morrell
- Penal Substitution – An Essential Doctrine? Jesse Morrell
- The Foolishness of R. C. Sproul’s “Rogue Molecule” | Making God less than a Man
- Jesus was an Open Theist by Jesse Morrell
- Rebuking Heretic Pastor of Gnostic Cult Emilio Ramos | Reformed Calvinist Exposed | Jesse Morrell Refutes Heresy
- Jesse Morrell Blocked on Facebook for Love-Speech they called Hate Speech
- Location & Schedule for The 2019 National Street Preachers Conference
- How Water & Fasting Healed my Chronic Fatigue
- Did NASA Really Recreate the “Origins of Life”? A Scientific Critique from a Christian
- Neuroscience: What Porn Does to the Brain | Rapists & Serial Killers | Brain Damage from Pornography
- A Critique of Penal Substitution: Did Jesus Suffer Eternal Hell on the Cross?
- The Psychology of Soul Winning By Jesse Morrell
- Is the Atonement of Christ Justice? How the Atonement of Christ Satisfied Public Justice, not Retributive Justice by Jesse Morrell
- Ticketed by Police in Canada for Street Preaching!
- Booklet: The Vicarious Atonement of Christ by Jesse Morrell
- The False Gospel of Easy Believism | Jesse Morrell Refutes Antinomianism
- How to Convict Sinners & Convert them to Christ! Free Street Preacher Training!
- Was Wine in the Bible Alcoholic? Fermented? Grape Juice? Bible Study
- How to Weaken Temptation & Live Holy for Jesus!
- Free Online School of Evangelism!
- Church History Documentary| The Free Will Debate | Augustine vs. Pelagius | Gnostics vs Early Church
- The Story of a Street Preacher | Open Air Preaching Documentary Movie Films
- I know the Cure for Cancer! And it’s FREE!
- Question: Why did God Create the Devil?
- A Quick Refutation to Dr James White (Theologian) by Jesse Morrell (Street Preacher) with the Greek New Testament.
- FREE Library of Christian Books!
- How Did Adam & Eve Sin Without A Sinful Nature? Free Will
- Response to the Critics: Does Street Preaching Really Work? Where is the Fruit? Where are the Salvations?
- A News Helicopter Covered the National Street Preachers Conference!
- Princeton University vs. Street Preacher| Police Showed Up | Jesse Morrell
- Help Make A Difference by Giving $7 A Month | Missionary Support
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
HOW JESUS CHANGED MY HOMICIDAL MIND
~ Jesse Morrell
When I was 13, 14, and 15 years old, I would to fill my mind with the lyrics of rap music. “Kill, Kill, Kill. Murder, Murder, Murder.” Those were actual lines. I memorized countless songs about violence, murder, drive-by’s, etc.
Fighting was a passion of mine, even in elementary school. It was one of the few things I felt really good at, something that made me stand out amongst the crowd. I wasn’t good at traditional sports. Fighting was my sport. I lost a few, I won a lot.
I had been in 24 separate street fights by the age of 16. Once when I was 15, I fought 5 guys all at once, who were all ages 18-21. I whooped them good too. Even had my neck slit in a knife fight but that fight too, with the help of some friends, we won.
I was very proud of my fighting skills and relished retelling the war stories to my friends. I boasted in my violence.
Fighting became routine. Every two weeks I would somehow get into a fist fight. My knuckles were always broken because I never gave them the time to heal in-between fights.
As a freshmen in high school I started getting into fights with some of the seniors. There was a particular group of them that I had a beef with. I threatened the life of one of them in the school, in front of a Police Officer. Attacked one of them in the hallway. Fought one of them after school, a fight I forfeited after taking maybe 25 punches in the nose.
I wanted to kill the whole bunch of them. I had homicidal fantasies of taking them out, one by one. I thought I was smart enough to get away with it too. I wanted everyone to know it was me doing it, but not have anyone be able to prove it. I even inquired with some friends of mine about getting a gun.
My head was filled with thoughts like, “I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND!” as the quote goes.
The world I knew was a hostile and violent one. But then new thoughts started to enter my mind. I had been locked up in jail, for a fight I had been in, when I heard a preacher. I wasn’t allowed out of my cell because I beat up an inmate a few days prior, but I could hear him from my cell. He preached about sin, hell, and the new birth. It was then that my eyes were opened to how sinful I had become, how hell deserving I was, and I saw myself condemned in the darkness.
A short time afterwards I began to read the Bible. This was 18 years ago, in the year 2,000. Never before had I read or heard the sermons of Jesus. They were revolutionary to my mind. When I read Jesus say, “Love your enemies” I was dumbfounded. Never before had I heard anyone talk like that. It was so foreign, so out of this world, that I knew this was the teaching of God.
It was a completely new idea to my mind. It wasn’t just “fight or flight.” There was a third option I never ever thought of. I could love my enemies. This was a new neurological idea, a completely new thought in my brain.
I was born again a short time afterwards, dedicating my life to follow the teachings of Jesus. I repented of all my sins and didn’t want to hurt anyone anymore.
Just like I used to memorize and recite rap lyrics, now I was filling my mind with the Word of God, memorizing and quoting scripture. The Bible was rewiring my brain, literally.
My life was truly changed. I went from being a violent 15 year old, who was going in and out of jail with homicidal fantasies, to being a loving and caring 16 year old, going on mission trips to bring supplies to orphans in Mexico.
I saw those older boys I used to fight with. They tried to hit me with their car. My anger inside started to rise up and I wanted to jump on the car, bash the window, and pull them through it. But I swallowed my pride, calmed my anger, told myself that was the old me, and let it go.
A short time afterwards I saw them outside of a donut store. They all had motorcycles now and had been cruising around before taking a break in this parking lot. They saw me. I walked to my car, opened the trunk, and started to get something out.
They must have thought I was getting out a baseball bat or something because they put their helmets back on. But I walked over to them, handed them some gospel tracts, and told them that Jesus Christ had changed my life. I apologized for “rubbing them the wrong way” when we were in High School (I was a drop out by this time). I told them the gospel had done so much good in my life that I wanted to share it with them.
They were surprised. One of them in particular still had a very bad attitude towards me. But one of them said, “Thank you so much. That’s really big of you.” It clearly was making a big impression upon him. I knew that he came from a muslim background, his parentings immigrated from the middle east.
Ironically, in that same parking lot a few months later, I was visiting some old friends who started saying things to some girls that were hanging out there. The girls rejected their advances, they started cussing at each other, and their boyfriends from the big city were called. My friends ran when the guys arrived but I didn’t. They came at me to attack me but I told them it wasn’t me. The girls said, “He was with them.” He was a big guy, very angry, but I thought I could still take him if I wanted. But I didn’t want to. I didn’t have any of the anger or hatred that used to motivate my fights. I just wanted to share the gospel with them, the gospel that changed my heart and life. He hit me and gave me a black eye or bloody nose (I don’t remember which one) and I let him pick me up and literally put me in a trash can, without any resistance, as humiliating as it was, because I didn’t want to hurt the guy. I told them, “I’m a Christian and I don’t fight anymore.”
As a street preacher, I’ve taken numerous punches and blows from punks that clearly didn’t even know how to fight. I knew if I wanted to I could severely hurt them. Many times I see the clear shot to their Adam’s apple, as they are attacking me. But I don’t want to hurt anyone. I want to help everyone. Because I no longer idolize those low-life gangsters that I used to. I worship Jesus Christ and want to be like Him.
I tell this to show that Jesus Christ is good for the world. He took a man like me, who relished in violence and had homicidal fantasies, and completely transformed me in heart and mind. I can literally say that since being born again, I am truly a new creature in Christ, with a completely different brain than the dark one I had before. He is the light of the world and the only hope for humanity.